About Beaubien Engineering, LLC
Beaubien Engineering, LLC, was formed in 2012 to provide engineering services to public and private clients across Troy, MI, and the nation. We recognized the importance of roadway operation and traffic pattern efficiency and wanted to develop better solutions.
Our team of professionals has the necessary knowledge of transportation of people and goods by air, rail, and more to administer municipal traffic engineering plans. Trust us to help your city or town streamline transportation, create sensible traffic patterns, and more.
Meet Richard Beaubien
Certified Traffic Operations Engineer & Road Safety Professional
Richard served as Transportation Director for Hubbell, Roth & Clark, Inc. for over 20 years. He also worked for 14 years as the Transportation Director for the City of Troy, Michigan; two years as Chief Engineer for Reid, Cool & Michalski Traffic and Transportation Engineers; and five years as a Highway Engineer for the Federal Highway Administration.
He chairs the Metro Detroit Traffic Incident Management Coordinating Committee and is a former president of the Intelligent Transportation Society of Michigan. In addition to his extensive project work, he has court testimony experience. As a frequent public speaker on traffic safety and intelligent transportation topics, Mr. Beaubien takes high-level traffic engineering concepts and communicates those in layman’s terms.
Education & Achievements
He has been certified as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer by the Transportation Professional Certification Board, Washington, D.C. He is also a recipient of the Institute’s Marsh Award.
- Reflecting on Engineering Practice
- Press Release
- Who’s Who 2018
- Troy’s First Traffic Engineer May 28
- The Joy of Urban Traffic Engineering
- Incident Management in Large Metropolitan Areas
- How to Mentor a Transportation Engineer
- Continental Who’s Who Top Engineer
- Richard Beaubien, PE, PTOE
- 16th Annual Traffic Incident Management
Partnering Workshop – May. 24, 2022
- The Great Lakes District of the Institute of Transportation Engineers has presented the Distinguished Member Award to Richard F Beaubien
- Long-time ITS Michigan Board member honored with ITE Distinguished Member Award